SAMRO Music Bursaries for students at South African Universities
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO BUDGETARY CONSTRAINTS THE SAMRO FOUNDATION HAS NOT YET CONFIRMED AN ALLOCATION FOR BURSARIES FOR THE 2020 ACADEMIC YEAR. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA FOR UPDATES.
Please note, these bursaries are for music students at Universities in South Africa
from 2nd year on.
Before you proceed with the application please ensure you have the following items:
- Copy of ID Document
- Proof of registration at University
- Examination results or most recent academic record (university transcript)
- Letters of reference from current university lecturers (not older than 3 months)
- For Master’s degree applicants – one reference letter from your supervisor & a five to eight page synopsis of your thesis. Please note that this bursary does not cover any coursework or Master’s degree recitals.
We request that all communications including reference letters be provided in English. Please only submit what has been requested. Additional material will be discarded.
Disqualification criteria: Applications will not be considered if
- any section of the form is incomplete
- supporting documents are missing
- more than one application is submitted per student
- the application is submitted after the deadline of 30 March